Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my nephew. A special occasion dish.
Make and share this Scooter's Stuffed Cornish Game Hens recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Cornish hens
- In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter; saute onion and celery until tender.
- Add next 7 ingredients; remove from heat and mix well.
- Place stuffing into cavity of hens.
- Place hens on a rack in a shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Soften remaining butter and spread over the skin of the hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until the juices are clear.
Excellent!!! Served with a side of broccoli in cheese sauce. Only prepared two hens, served the rest of the stuffing the next day with Balsamic Glazed Pork Steaks. Excellent!!!
The stuffing was okay...a bit too sweet for our tastes though. I'll stick with the more savory flavors of traditional stuffing next time--but I'm going to keep the brown rice instead of the bread cubes. Thanks!
Very very good!!! My husband and I have no kids so I only prepared 2 tonight. In 2 days I'll prepare rest for company. I was pleasantly surprised. I tasted the stuffing before I stuffed and hated it.. Im glad I let it cook in the hen. It was delicious! Served with a side of brussel sprouts