I found this on the net when I was looking for pecan recipes. I'm so glad I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Blanch the green beans in boiling water 2 minutes; drain well.
- 2In a large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and sauté until softened.
- 4Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute.
- 5Gradually add the milk, stirring until mixture thickens.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the green beans, mushrooms, pecans, Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- 7Spread mixture in a 10-inch baking dish.
- 8Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 9To make biscuit topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 10Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- 11Stir in buttermilk with a few quick strokes.
- 12Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and pat out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 13Cut the dough into random-sized pieces and shapes and arrange on top of vegetable filling in a kind of crazy quilt pattern, letting the filling poke through in spots.
- 14Bake casserole 25 minutes or until filling bubbles and biscuit topping is golden.
- 15Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Green Bean, Mushroom and Pecan Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g