1/3 Photos of Sausage-Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing
1 hr 15 mins
From 'Real Simple' magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed
- 2 jalapenos, minced (with seeds)
- 12 corn muffins or 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages cornbread mix, prepared and crumbled (10 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 14 ounces chicken broth or 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried sage
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and jalapenos, breaking up the meat and cooking until it is no longer pink; drain the fat.
- 2Add the cornbread.
- 3Fold in the pumpkin, broth, cranberries, and sage (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- 4For drier stuffing, omit the broth.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.8
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 1748.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g