From 'Real Simple' magazine.
Make and share this Sausage-Pumpkin Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed
- 2 jalapenos, minced (with seeds)
- 12 corn muffins or 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages cornbread mix, prepared and crumbled (10 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 14 ounces chicken broth or 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sage or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried sage
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and jalapenos, breaking up the meat and cooking until it is no longer pink; drain the fat.
- Add the cornbread.
- Fold in the pumpkin, broth, cranberries, and sage (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- For drier stuffing, omit the broth.