Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just in time for the holidays!
Make and share this Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 3⁄4 cups cubed white bread, toasted
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup turkey broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place the white and whole wheat bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned.
- Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread.
- Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, parsley, and liver.
- Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter and mix lightly.
- Spoon into turkey and bake according to your turkey directions.
- Alternatively, you can spoon into a casserole dish and heat at 350 degrees until heated through and lightly browned.