Just in time for the holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cubed whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 3/4 cups cubed white bread, toasted
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup turkey broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Place the white and whole wheat bread cubes in a large bowl.
- 2In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned.
- 3Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- 4Pour sausage mixture over bread.
- 5Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, parsley, and liver.
- 6Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter and mix lightly.
- 7Spoon into turkey and bake according to your turkey directions.
- 8Alternatively, you can spoon into a casserole dish and heat at 350 degrees until heated through and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 361.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat bread