This is a simple, yet delicious, comforting meal. I've had it forever and the whole family loves it. I usu. don't make it with the almonds and it still tastes fantastic! Takes just minutes to throw together if you buy the crust already made.
- 1 cup shredded colby or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Combine cheese and almonds with turkey, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- If using refrigerated dough, follow mfg's directions. Line 8- or 9-inch pie plate with one of the pastry rounds. Fill with turkey mix. Top with second pastry round. Trim edges to 1/4-inch and crimp to seal. Flute as desired. Cut vents or decorative designs in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F 30 to 35 minute.