1/1 Photo of Sarah Shipley's Chicken Pot Pie
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a simple, yet delicious, comforting meal. I've had it forever and the whole family loves it. I usu. don't make it with the almonds and it still tastes fantastic! Takes just minutes to throw together if you buy the crust already made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shredded colby or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1Toss cheese with flour.
- 2Combine cheese and almonds with turkey, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- 3If using refrigerated dough, follow mfg's directions. Line 8- or 9-inch pie plate with one of the pastry rounds. Fill with turkey mix. Top with second pastry round. Trim edges to 1/4-inch and crimp to seal. Flute as desired. Cut vents or decorative designs in top to allow steam to escape.
- 4Bake at 400°F 30 to 35 minute.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarah Shipley's Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: