1/1 Photo of Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Yams with Garlic and Parmesan
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from All Recipes, and it's a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Put garlic in small ovenproof bowl, and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes, until very soft.
- 4Cool, peel, and reserve oil.
- 5Cook potatoes and yams in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- 7Place potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- 8Add milk, butter or margarine, rosemary, garlic, and reserved olive oil.
- 9Mash until smooth as desired, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed.
- 10Mix in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 11Salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Transfer to a buttered or oiled 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake for 45 minutes, until heated through and golden on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Yams with Garlic and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g