1/1 Photo of Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
This is one of our favorite mashed potato recipes during the Holiday season! Cooking time Includes roasting time for garlic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head roasted garlic (recipe included)
- 2 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (5 medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Prepare Roasted Garlic.
- 2Place potato pieces in medium saucepan; add water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Drain potatoes; set aside.
- 6Place cream, milk, butter and rosemary in small saucepan; heat over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture simmers, stirring often.
- 7Mash potatoes with potato masher until smooth.
- 8Add roasted garlic and milk mixture; beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- 9Beat in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 10Serve hot.
- 11Roasted Garlic: Cut off top third of 1 large garlic head to expose cloves; discard top.
- 12Place head of garlic, trimmed end up, on 10-inch square of foil.
- 13Rub garlic generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 14Gather foil ends together and close tightly.
- 15Roast in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes or until cloves are golden and soft.
- 16When cool enough to handle, squeeze roasted garlic cloves from skins; discard skins.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 951.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g