Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe calls for "baby carrots," but not to be confused with the bagged, 2-inch variety. If true baby carrots cannot be found, peel and cut larger carrots.
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots, scrubbed and trimmed (or fresh longer carrots, scrubbed, trimmed, and quartered lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large ovenproof skillet and add 2 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast, tossing halfway through until the carrots are tender and glazed, about 15 minutes. Serve.
These turned out great. What a nice change (normally I do butter and dill carrots). I used whole organic carrots, washed but not skinned, and sliced them about the length of a baby carrot, smaller on the thicker parts. Delicious!!!
I made this using the cut baby carrots cut in fourths. They were a combination of orange and white carrots. The recipe is very easy to follow the carrots were ready in the time frame specified.