1/1 Photo of Roasted Root Vegetables
A Thanksgiving tradition in our family. You can vary the vegetables to suit the tastes of your family--in fact, I would say this is more of a process than a recipe. I made up amounts of vegetables so that the recipe would post, but just use your favorites in whatever amounts you want. For example, my family likes this heavy on the beets and parsnips and light on the turnips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500-550°F.
- 2Peel and cut vegetables into 1" cubes (wedges, etc.), keeping beets separate (don't bother to peel the potatoes).
- 3Coat veggies well with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt.
- 4Put veggies in roasting pans, again keeping the beets separate.
- 5Roast at 500-550F, stirring every ten minutes or so, for up to an hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Mix beets with the other vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: