A Thanksgiving tradition in our family. You can vary the vegetables to suit the tastes of your family--in fact, I would say this is more of a process than a recipe. I made up amounts of vegetables so that the recipe would post, but just use your favorites in whatever amounts you want. For example, my family likes this heavy on the beets and parsnips and light on the turnips.
- Preheat oven to 500-550°F.
- Peel and cut vegetables into 1" cubes (wedges, etc.), keeping beets separate (don't bother to peel the potatoes).
- Coat veggies well with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt.
- Put veggies in roasting pans, again keeping the beets separate.
- Roast at 500-550F, stirring every ten minutes or so, for up to an hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix beets with the other vegetables and serve.