Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Deliciously different side dish
Make and share this Roasted Balsamic Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Remove outermost skin of onions, leaving a hard, inedible exterior.
- Put onions in a bowl.
- Add enough olive oil to nearly cover them, toss to coat.
- Transfer onions to a roasting pan, reserving oil.
- Bake, basting onions occasionally with reserved oil, until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
- (Baking time depends on the size of the onion but they will probably be done in 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Transfer onions to a plate and let them cool.
- Place roasting pan over a medium hot burner and add vinegar.
- Reduce liquid to a dark, hazy syrup.
- Pour syrup over onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve cool.