1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Deliciously different side dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Remove outermost skin of onions, leaving a hard, inedible exterior.
- 3Put onions in a bowl.
- 4Add enough olive oil to nearly cover them, toss to coat.
- 5Transfer onions to a roasting pan, reserving oil.
- 6Bake, basting onions occasionally with reserved oil, until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
- 7(Baking time depends on the size of the onion but they will probably be done in 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Transfer onions to a plate and let them cool.
- 8Place roasting pan over a medium hot burner and add vinegar.
- 9Reduce liquid to a dark, hazy syrup.
- 10Pour syrup over onions.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
- 12Serve cool.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Balsamic Onions
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g