Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light, 1995.
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus With Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange asparagus and onion separately on 2 baling sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. 12-15 minutes for the asparagus and 15-18 minutes for the onion until lightly browned, stirring twice.
- Combine the vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Arrange asparagus and onions on a platter.
- Pour mixture over and serve at room temperature.
Roasted asparagus and roasted onions are always a winning combination, but this balsamic orange drizzle puts them over the top! I used a sweet onion inplace of a purple onion, but otherwise, I made this as written and loved it. I may try to roast the veggies IN the sauce next time to get a more glaze effect. Thanx for posting.
I liked the taste of the dressing on top of the asparagus and onions. I needed to cook the onions just a few minutes more. For the dressing, I omitted the salt and sugar. Another time I'll reduce the amount of balsamic vinegar. Thanks Oolala :) Made for Alphabet chef tag game.