1/1 Photo of Roast Goose with Caramelized Apples
4 hrs 15 mins
This is a classic French Chanukah dish, but is good for any holiday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2Rinse goose inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 4Using knife, cut small slits all over goose; place garlic slices into slits.
- 5Place goose on rack, breast side down, in large roasting pan.
- 6Roast goose 2 hours 45 minutes, basting occasionally with drippings and removing excess fat; reserve 6 tablespoons fat.
- 7Turn goose over.
- 8Roast until brown and thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, basting occasionally with drippings, about 45 minutes longer.
- 9Meanwhile, toss apples and lemon juice in large bowl.
- 10Pour 6 tablespoons goose fat into 15 x 10 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- 11Using slotted spoon, transfer apples to baking dish; toss apples in goose fat.
- 12Add sugar, Calvados and cinnamon to apples; toss.
- 13Bake apples alongside goose until very tender and golden, about 1 hour.
- 14Serve goose with caramelized apples.
Browse Our Top Goose Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Goose with Caramelized Apples
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1044.8
- Calories from Fat 604
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 278.0 mg
- Sodium 215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 77.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: