1/2 Photos of Restaurant-Style Egg Drop Soup
I added in a small amount of soy sauce and some cayenne pepper, but that is optional, this is really good! You can double this recipe if desired!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add in more later if needed)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger (or use fresh ginger)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste) (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- black pepper (optional)
- 1Reserve 3/4 cup broth and pour the remainder into a medium saucepan; add in salt, ginger, garlic (if using) and chives.
- 2Bring to a rolling boil.
- 3In a cup or small bowl stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth; set aside.
- 4In another small bowl whisk the eggs and the egg yolk together until well combined.
- 5While the soup is boiling drizzle the egg mixture a small amount at a time into the boiling soup (the egg should cook immediately).
- 6Once the eggs have all been dropped into the soup, reduce to a light simmer; slowly and add in the cornstarch/broth mixture mixing continuously.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant-Style Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 269.0 mg
- Sodium 510.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g