Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite at my house around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but we enjoy it anytime. One reviewer suggested the title was misleading because the apples are actually baked in the cake. This is what my mother called the cake and what I have always called it so I will let the recipe title stand as it is.
- Mix together eggs, oil and sugar in large bowl.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs, oil and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla, apples and nuts.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan 1 hour at 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.