Sweet Cheat cookies that look great on any cookie tray and taste just as good. No down side here.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Work with half of dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- Shape dough into 16 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating on High 30 seconds. Stir; microwave in 15-second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- With can of decorating icing fitted with star tip, pipe 1-inch star of icing (about 1 teaspoon) on center of each cookie. Dip cherries into melted chocolate; place on white icing on cookies.
- Let stand until icing is set and chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
Truly quick and easy,and FUN to make (for kids especially) if you have the correct ingredients. I used Betty Crocker Easy Flow Decorating Icing and Dolci Frutta candy coating, both from the baking aisle of the grocery store. One jar of cherries is more than enough for 16 cookies - which is only 16 servings - and my Create 'n Bake package said to bake for 10-14 minutes (mine were done in 12 anyway but thought I'd make a note of this.) How cherry, I mean cheery these would be at the holidays with both red and green maraschinos.