Sweet Cheat cookies that look great on any cookie tray and taste just as good. No down side here.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Work with half of dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- Shape dough into 16 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating on High 30 seconds. Stir; microwave in 15-second increments until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- With can of decorating icing fitted with star tip, pipe 1-inch star of icing (about 1 teaspoon) on center of each cookie. Dip cherries into melted chocolate; place on white icing on cookies.
- Let stand until icing is set and chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.