1 hr 20 mins
This is a traditional Thanksgiving recipe from my boyfriend's family. It is lighter and fluffier than pumpkin pie, and now I make it for our family every year. Be very careful pressing down the graham cracker crust, or it will come out much too hard; in fact you might not want to at all.
My Private Note
large t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (, about 12 long crackers)
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Cream Cheese Mix
- 1Mix crust ingredients until moist, and press*very* gently and evenly into bottom of 9"x13" cake pan.
- 2Blend'cream cheese mix' ingredients until smooth and free of lumps; I find it easiest to cream the cheese& sugar together, then gradually add the egg.
- 3Pour over crust, then bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 4Cool to room temp.
- 5Combine all'pumpkin mix' ingredients except last three (egg whites, gelatin and 1/4 cup sugar); cook on stovetop until thickened.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water; add to pumpkin mixture.
- 8Cool to room temperature.
- 9Whip the egg whites, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until stiff.
- 10Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 11Fill cake pan with pumpkin mixture; chill and serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Torte
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.9
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 609.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g