Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 31 mins
A moist cake topped with a thick,buttery icing with a hint of maple syrup.
Make and share this Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I use pecans)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff,not just maple falovored)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add pumpkin,eggs and vanilla,beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add one cup at a time to creamed mixture,stirring until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Spoon into greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes,then invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- For icing: melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in sugar,evaporated milk,and syrup.
- Bring to boil,stirring constantly,boil 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into medium bowl and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat for 8-10 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Spread over top of cake.
I maded this cake for a church pot-luck, and everyone loved this! This tasted great! I will add this recipe to my own family cookbook. I did not use the raisins, but I am sure that would be okay. Judy from Houston, TX
Made this for the office and it was a BIG HIT. The icing can be used on any autumnal baked goodie: pecan pie, pumpkin pie, brownies, or even apple pie!