I started making this soup years ago to copy a local restaurants, and after becoming frustrated at attempting to cook my own sugar pumpkins with very mixed and time consuming results!! This soup is from pantry ingredients, saves wonderfully and is always a big hit, even for people who say- Gross! Pumpkin soup!
- Very Finely chop onion and saute in a small amount of butter until very soft and starting to caramelize.
- Then add pumpkin, stock, salt, pepper, spices and sweetening to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, leave uncovered and chase the kids, clean the house, etc for one hour (or more)!
- After at least one hour, combine water and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Increase heat and add to soup, boil until thickened (maybe a couple of minutes) Remove from heat and add cream.
- Enjoy with a good bread.
- Great prepared ahead!
- Cook until cream step, save in frig or freeze, then add cream in right before serving.