1/4 Photos of Pumpkin Soup- Super Easy from a Can
1 hr 5 mins
I started making this soup years ago to copy a local restaurants, and after becoming frustrated at attempting to cook my own sugar pumpkins with very mixed and time consuming results!! This soup is from pantry ingredients, saves wonderfully and is always a big hit, even for people who say- Gross! Pumpkin soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Very Finely chop onion and saute in a small amount of butter until very soft and starting to caramelize.
- 2Then add pumpkin, stock, salt, pepper, spices and sweetening to taste.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, leave uncovered and chase the kids, clean the house, etc for one hour (or more)!
- 4After at least one hour, combine water and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Increase heat and add to soup, boil until thickened (maybe a couple of minutes) Remove from heat and add cream.
- 6Enjoy with a good bread.
- 7Great prepared ahead!
- 8Cook until cream step, save in frig or freeze, then add cream in right before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup- Super Easy from a Can
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 748.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g