Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was posted in response to a recipe request for someone on a soft food diet. I love pumpkin and I love milkshakes, so this is a great combination. Feel free to use regular vanilla ice cream & milk if you aren't watching calories, but the low fat version is great.
- 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons Cool Whip (thawed)
- Combine all ingredients except Cool Whip in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with 2 tsp Cool Whip each.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.
This was great. Everybody wanted thirds.
WOW! So yummy! Made it this afternoon, enjoying it while it was snowing outside! I used pumpkin pie filling instead of the canned pumpkin as that was what I had in my pantry. Made for Potluck tag.
Very nice shake! I used lowfat milk and regular french vanilla ice cream. I also used can whipped cream instead of cool whip. It does taste a lot like pumpkin pie but has a slighty gritty texture which I didn't care for.