Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A variation of pumpkin pie that can be handy when there's no time to make a crust. The cake mix forms a 'cookie crust' for this pie made in a cake pan. Recipe courtesy of CooksRecipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, nuts and butter until well mixed. Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Spread over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and tip of knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and top with sweetened whipped cream if desired.
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars! Excellent. It does taste like pumpkin pie! So easy to make the crust does form a cookie like base which is very lovely with the additon of ground pecans. This cake is not overly sweet, just right for us. Next time I would like to up the pumpkin pie spice. Mine baked up nicely in 44 minutes. Topped with whipped cream and more ground pecans. Thanks for another great recipe!!
Absolutely wonderful! This is an easy recipe to make and the cook time was right on the dot for my oven. I used pecans, personal preference for me. Already have this saved to my cookbooks. The only problem I have with this recipe is keeping my family from eating it all at once!! Thanks for a great recipe.