A variation of pumpkin pie that can be handy when there's no time to make a crust. The cake mix forms a 'cookie crust' for this pie made in a cake pan. Recipe courtesy of CooksRecipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, nuts and butter until well mixed. Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Spread over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and tip of knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and top with sweetened whipped cream if desired.