From Kraft's Food & Family magazine. Reduced fat cream cheese works well, too!
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup old fashioned oats or 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, overlapping the sides of the pan with foil to allow easy removal of the bars later. Grease foil lining.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake 15 minute.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minute
- Lift from pan using foil handles; cool completely.