1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Muffins
Great for a breakfast or dessert! Serve warm with whipped cream cheese for a decadent treat. If you don't have pumpkin-pie spice on-hand, this is the recipe: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice. I always add raisins to my muffins, but walnuts are good too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put muffin liners in muffin pan.
- 2Combine (sift) flour and baking powder.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Whisk flour mixture into sugar/pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- 5Stir in raisins.
- 6Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
- 7Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 8Bake until golden brown and wooden toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- 9Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Cool to warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (827 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g