Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
After a big heavy Thanksgiving meal, this is nice, light pie to serve. Chill time is cook time.
Make and share this Pumpkin Mousse Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup crushed gingersnaps (optional)
- Beat pudding and milk in a large bowl until well bended, about 2 minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in whipped topping, and pecans (optional).
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with gingersnaps, if desired, before serving.
This is a perfect for a light thanksgiving dessert! I used a 12 oz. package of lite firm tofu instead of the whipped topping and it came out tasting like a pumpkin cheesecake! So delicious, and healthy! And then used a dollop of whipped cream on each slice and sprinkled with a little extra cinnamon. I made my own crust using graham cracker crumbs and applesauce. Everyone enjoyed it and were thankful for a light dessert after a heavy meal.
This is a terrific recipe!!!!