The pecans and maple syrup add a very nice touch. This is a traditional Jewish Sephardic recipe.
Make and share this Pumpkin Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Combine pecans, flour, lemon peel& coconut in a medium bowl.
- Tip egg white into another med bowl& beat with a hand mixer till soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the syrup& vanilla, then fold into pecan mix, adding pumpkin as you go.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper& drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto it.
- Let relax at room temp 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Bake mid-oven till just beginning to brown, 25-30 min.
- Let cool on rack till completely cool.
- Store tightly covered.