Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes two loaves of the best pumpkin bread, to reduce fat use 1/2 cup each vegetable oil and unsweetened applesauce --- this is very good!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine flour with pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl combine sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and orange juice or apple juice; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixer and stir with a wooden spoon until JUST moistened (do not beat).
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon/divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the loaves test done.
- Cool in pan for 10-12 minutes then remove to a wire racks to cool completely.
FABULOUS! DELICIOUS! Truly a terrific bread. The scents in my house smelled like I was baking gingerbread. The bread baked perfectly in 50 minutes (2 loaves). The tartness of the cranberries hits you in small bites while you savor the cinnamony and pumpkin flavors in the background. I made this before Thanksgiving Day and we had it as a dessert because we could not wait to taste it after baking. Moist texture - slices easily without crumbs. A perfect bread! Loved every bite and I'm so glad I tagged it in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders game. Thanks Kit!
This was a great, tasty and easy to make bread! I only used 2 cups of sugar instead of 3--just a preference for less sweet breads. It baked perfectly in 45 minutes in a convection oven, and was surprisingly light: maybe because of the lower sugar? Anyway, it was a hit at home and at work. Thanks again, Kittencal!
This was excellent! I cut the recipe in half easily and used the apple juice. Very moist! Hubby's people at work adored it!