This makes two loaves of the best pumpkin bread, to reduce fat use 1/2 cup each vegetable oil and unsweetened applesauce --- this is very good!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine flour with pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl combine sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and orange juice or apple juice; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixer and stir with a wooden spoon until JUST moistened (do not beat).
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon/divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the loaves test done.
- Cool in pan for 10-12 minutes then remove to a wire racks to cool completely.