1/2 Photos of Pumpkin-Cranberry Quick Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This makes two loaves of the best pumpkin bread, to reduce fat use 1/2 cup each vegetable oil and unsweetened applesauce --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice or 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2-2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour with pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl combine sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and orange juice or apple juice; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- 5Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixer and stir with a wooden spoon until JUST moistened (do not beat).
- 6Gently fold in the cranberries.
- 7Spoon/divide the batter between the pans.
- 8Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the loaves test done.
- 9Cool in pan for 10-12 minutes then remove to a wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Cranberry Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 262.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g