Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sinfully delicious and easy-to-prepare cake has been in my family for years. We serve it every year with Christmas dinner -- the holidays would not be the same without it!
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- TO PREPARE CAKE:Blend together eggs, sugar and oil on medium.
- Sift together flour and next 4 ingedients and add to sugar mixture.
- Blend well for 3 minutes on medium.
- Blend in pumpkin.
- Bake in 13 x 9 x 2 pan for 35 minutes at 325.
- Cool and frost.
- TO PREPARE FROSTING: Cream butter.
- Blend in cream cheese.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, blending well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Stir in pecans.