Years ago, a co-worker gave these pumpkin rolls to everyone for Christmas. At the time because it was sooooo good, I asked for the recipe, but lost it almost immediately. I found a recipe close to it in a magazine and messed with it a bit until it came out like the one I received as a gift. This is absolutely delicious and light. When wrapped in colored plastic wrap and tied with pretty ribbon, it makes a great gift...just remember it has to stay chilled!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes.
- 3Gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar.
- 4Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- 5Combine flour, powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a separate bowl.
- 6Stir into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- 7Pour and spread evenly into a greased and floured 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan and sprinkle top with walnuts.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Turn onto a clean dish towel sprinkled with 1/8 cup sugar.
- 10Starting a short end, roll the towel and cake together.
- 11Allow to cool completely and unroll.
- 12Prepare filling: Cream cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- 13Gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat until well combined.
- 14Spread filling over cake evenly and roll back up (without the towel!).
- 15Wrap in plastic wrap and chill well before serving.
- 16Slice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (1122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g