Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Years ago, a co-worker gave these pumpkin rolls to everyone for Christmas. At the time because it was sooooo good, I asked for the recipe, but lost it almost immediately. I found a recipe close to it in a magazine and messed with it a bit until it came out like the one I received as a gift. This is absolutely delicious and light. When wrapped in colored plastic wrap and tied with pretty ribbon, it makes a great gift...just remember it has to stay chilled!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a separate bowl.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Pour and spread evenly into a greased and floured 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan and sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a clean dish towel sprinkled with 1/8 cup sugar.
- Starting a short end, roll the towel and cake together.
- Allow to cool completely and unroll.
- Prepare filling: Cream cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat until well combined.
- Spread filling over cake evenly and roll back up (without the towel!).
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill well before serving.
- Slice and enjoy!