1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Jewish Recipe Archives website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place sugar, oil, and pumpkin in large mixing bowl and beat well at medium speed.
- 3Add eggs one at a time.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Fold into batter.
- 7Stir in raisins and nuts.
- 8Pour into a 10- inch greased and floured tube pan.
- 9(I use a bundt pan successfully.) Bake 1 and 1/4 hours or until done.
- 10Test with a toothpick.
- 11Do not open over for at least 50 minutes.
- 12Cool on rack before inverting.
- 13NOTES: I usually use canned pumpkin, (can also use butternut squash) but occasionally I steam a real one in a pressure cooker, whirl pulp in a food processor and then measure.
- 14Anything else you like can be added to batter.
- 15I sometimes add dried cranberries or cherries, bits of crystalized ginger etc.
- 16This is a moist cake that keeps well.
- 17Can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 367.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g