Cook1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Jewish Recipe Archives website.
Make and share this Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sugar, oil, and pumpkin in large mixing bowl and beat well at medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold into batter.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a 10- inch greased and floured tube pan.
- (I use a bundt pan successfully.) Bake 1 and 1/4 hours or until done.
- Test with a toothpick.
- Do not open over for at least 50 minutes.
- Cool on rack before inverting.
- NOTES: I usually use canned pumpkin, (can also use butternut squash) but occasionally I steam a real one in a pressure cooker, whirl pulp in a food processor and then measure.
- Anything else you like can be added to batter.
- I sometimes add dried cranberries or cherries, bits of crystalized ginger etc.
- This is a moist cake that keeps well.
- Can be frozen.