Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever"
Make and share this Pumpkin and Walnut Bread Pudding (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups packed 3/4 inch cubes Italian bread or 3 cups French bread or 3 cups sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- heavy cream
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until well mixed.
- Whisk in the sherry, sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the bread cubes and nuts.
- Turn the mixture into a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours, or until puffed (do not cook on the low heat setting for a longer time).
- Remove the lid and continue cooking on high 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with heavy cream.