Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 tablespoons ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon summer savory
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- seasoning salt, to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients; sprinkle on poultry before baking or roasting.
- Use liberally in poultry stuffing.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
I made .33 of a cup which was enough for the recipe I was making and plenty for future use. I love the complex flavour, but next time I will omit the red pepper flakes. We love the inclusion of a little heat, but when cooking for others outside my family I prefer to have the option of adding or subtracting this on an individual basis.
I decided to be brave and try this even though there were a couple of things in here that I had never before considered putting into a poultry seasoning mix-it does use up a lot of spices. I really liked the flavor on both the chicken and the stuffing I seasoned with it. This can be used anytime a savory sesoning is needed. Unless you need a lot of that kind of thing I'd recommend dividing the recipe in half. 10/07 Four years later and I'm still using this recipe exclusively - no changes. It's the best. 27*'s.
This is a great combination of seasonings! I am not a big fan of sage, but this gives just the right amount for me. My husband likes foods a little spicey and he really liked the stuffing I put this seasoning in. Thank you! I won't ever buy poultry seasoning again! Carole in Orlando