Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- For best results, mix the pastry and filling by hand.
- Cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and beat until blended.
- Place about one teaspoon of mixture into a miniature muffin pan.
- Press with fingertips, forming a shell in each muffin cup.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Spoon filling into shells.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 350 until browned.
these were so yummy and easy! i even used half parkay (trying to keep down the calories) and fat-free cream cheese and they were still delicious! bet the recipe would be even better as is.
These were very good, I found it necessary to chill the prepared pastry before using it for easier handing, after it was chilled it was fine, I am going to double the recipe and try it in regular-size muffin pans next time, thanks for sharing Charlotte!...Kitten:)
This recipe is a 'must have' at our family holiday parties. I have to make at least 2 extra batches because my husband and kiddos eat them as fast as they come out of the oven! I have found over the years that the pastry is easier to work with if it is chilled for a bit before putting it in the muffin tin. AWESOME RECIPE!!!!!!!