1/1 Photo of Pecan-Stuffed Mushrooms
A delicious recipe adapted from Gourmet magazine. Here's what they say: "Baked creminis bursting with a buttery pecan and garlic stuffing make for eye candy just waiting to be devoured."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 baby portabella mushrooms, with stems (1 1/2-inch to 2-inch wide)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for greasing dish (original recipe called for unsalted butter-use if you wish or use 1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil)
- 1 -2 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped (4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- parsley, chopped to garnish
- 1Put oven rack in middle position in oven and preheat to 400°F.
- 2Trim ends of mushroom stems and separate caps and stems, reserving both. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, in a buttered 13"x9" shallow baking dish.
- 3Finely chop stems(or process in food processor), then cook with garlic and oregano in butter(or olive oil) in a 10" heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in pecans, bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in 1/3 cup half and half and bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- 4Sprinkle insides of caps with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, then divide filling among the caps.
- 5Drizzle mushrooms with the 2/3 cup cream and bake until filling is browned and caps are tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle over parsley to garnish. Serve mushrooms drizzled with pan juices.
- 6To make ahead:.
- 7Stuffed mushrooms can be put together, but not baked, 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan-Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 198.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g