1/4 Photos of Pecan Sticky Buns
1 hr 25 mins
This recipes features a no-fuss dough which uses baking soda and powder for fast leavening, without losing the buttery cinnamon filling or pecan topping. These buns can be ready in an hour. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9-inch round metal cake pan.
- 3Prepare filling: in small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; set aside.
- 4Prepare topping: In 1-quart saucepan, heat honey, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2 T butter on medium until mixture is blended and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour topping into prepared pan, and sprinkle evenly with pecans; set aside.
- 6Prepare dough: In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 7In small bowl, mix buttermilk and 5 T butter.
- 8With spoon, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until liquid is absorbed.
- 9Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, and knead 8-10 minutes or just until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 10Pat dough into a 12-inch by 9-inch rectangle.
- 11Brush dough with 1 T butter, then sprinkle with filling.
- 12Starting at one short end, roll up dough jellyroll fashion.
- 13With seam side down, cut dough crosswise into 8 slices.
- 14Place each slice, cut side down, on pecan mixture in cake pan; brush with remaining melted butter.
- 15Bake buns 28-30 minutes or until golden.
- 16Remove pan from oven.
- 17Immediately place serving plate over top of pan and invert buns onto plate, allowing topping to run down sides.
- 18Remove baking pan.
- 19Cool buns slightly, about 10 minutes, to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.
- 20Wrap any leftovers in foil, and store at room temperature up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g