Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that when growing up we only had on holidays, later I learned it was so easy to make, that we started having it much more often. I love this recipe and it brings back many fond memories.
- Open both the peas and the asparagus and save half of the juice from each.
- To juice add butter and soup.
- Bring to a boil, stir.
- Put peas and asparagus in dish and cover with soup mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until bubbly about 20-25 minutes.
- slice egg over top and sprinkle with paprika and serve.
This was excellent. Thanks
I had a craving for this recipe that I knew from my childhood. This is exactly like I remember it. Even my DH, who does not like peas by themself or asparagus out of a can wanted to eat them for the next meal as leftovers!! I had a little too much liquid so I think next time I will drain the cans and just add the soup. Thanks for sharing!
My DH and I loved this. I was intrigued by canned asparagus and peas, but my store had neither, so I used thawed frozen peas, and steamed fresh asparagus. Since I didn't have the juice from the canned vegetables, I used chicken stock. Thanks, Jacqueline! Made for PAC Spring 2008.