Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; pour liquid ingredients into center of well; stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the pears and pecans.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups two-third full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to complete cooling.
We love our muffins in the morning for breakfast. We all thought these were awesome. I used very ripe Bartlett pears and the muffins had a wonderful moist texture. The nuts were an added bonus. This is a fine way to start your day. Thanks Nurse Di.
I agree with all above. They mixed up so easily. I'd never had a muffin/cake with pears and these were good. Thanks.
Wonderful muffins! I did make these changes. I decreased the oil to 3/4 cup and added 1/2 sour cream. I used 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour. They were very moist and not at all oily. My family loved them. Will definitely make these during pear season. Thanks "ratherbeswimmin' for this great muffin recipe.