Delicious no-bake dessert. Apples, peanut butter, and graham cracker with sweet cream; who in there right mind could pass this up; especially presented in a fancy glass trifle bowl! (you can buy these bowls for less than $10.00) I will follow in future with more recipes you can use in this bowl. This is great for showers, picnics, bizarres at-work parties or family holiday dinner
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In bowl, combine cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter and spoon 1/2 of mixture into 3 qt bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smoothed and fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread 1/2 of this mixture into the trifle bowl or deep dish bowl.
- Top w/one can apple pie filling.
- Then combine powdered sugar, cinnamon and the remaining peanut butter until crumbly and sprinkle half over pie filling.
- Repeat the layers and refrigerate until serving.
This was really good and super easy. I ended up only using 1 can of apple pie filling because my trifle bowl ended up not being big enough, which was fine, it still tasted good. I also used chunky peanut butter, that's all I had on hand. Great recipe, Thank you!
Tara, this receipe is great. Made it for company last week and used chocolate graham crackers. When done layering, topped with swirls of chocolate syrup. It was a hit.
Instead of the apple pie filling I made chunky applesauce with cinnamon and sugar and used that instead. Also, I sprinkled chopped peanuts on the top We really loved it!