Cook1 hr 5 mins
Looking for something different from the same old pumpkin pie? This is a wonderful alternative! How about a pastry shell filled with a creamy layer of cheesecake, a layer of sweet and spicy pumpkin,and topped off with a crunchy pecan praline topping.Absolutely the best!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add egg, beat until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell; chill 30 minutes.
- Beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully pour over cream cheese layer.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent crust from over-browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 25 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and margarine until crumbly.
- Mix in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.