Great crepes with spinach from French cooking by Eileen Reece.
Make and share this Pancakes (Crepes) Filled With Spinach (Filling Only) recipe from Food.com.
- Press the cooked spinach, chop finely and toss over a medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes until dry in 1 oz butter.
- Add the seasoning and a pinch of nutmeg.
- In a second pan, melt the remaining butter, work in the flour, add milk, and cook until thick, stirring briskly.
- Add the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat in two thirds of the cheese, correct the seasoning, put a tablespoon of filling centrally on each pancake, roll up and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese, reheat and brown under a hot grill.