Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is sooo great for work potlucks, or Christmas morning with family. It's warm and yummy. This recipe was passed on to me from a coworker who got it from the pillsbury classic cookbook!! YUM!
- Spray 13x9 inch (3 qt.) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over med.
- high heat until no longer pink, stirring freqeuntly.
- Drain Place bread cubes in sprayed baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cooked sausage, mushrooms and onions.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, dry mustard and salt; beat lightly.
- Slowly pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish; press down lightly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Uncover; bake 1 hour or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I did everything by the directions, but I added red and green pepper. It turned out wonderful!! Everybody loved it! I will definately make it again next year for Christmas breakfast!!
Good and I love that it can be made ahead, but I found this a bit dry which suprised me with 10 eggs and 3 cups of half and half. I used a day-old one-pound round loaf of sourdough which may have been the reason. I think more green onion and either chopped sun-dred tomato or red pepper for color would be a nice addition. Thanks for sharing the recipe!