Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 55 mins
Wonderful recipe a friend gave me last year, which became an instant Thanksgiving tradition.
Make and share this Orange-flavored Sweet Potatoes with Oatmeal Cookie Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1⁄8 cup stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 14 crisp oatmeal cookies, broken into pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3⁄8-3⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Butter a baking dish, 13X9X2 inches.
- Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven until very soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Scoop flesh into a large bowl and mash with butter, sugar, juice, marmalade, gingerroot, and salt.
- Spread potato mixture evenly in baking dish.
- Mixture may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bring to room temperature before proceeding.
- ------------Forthe topping-------------------.
- Food process cookies to fine consistency.
- Add butter and pulse motor until mixture resembles soft cookie dough.
- Wrap topping in wax paper and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Topping may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crumble topping over potato mixture and bake in middle of oven until topping is browned lightly, about 25 minutes.