4 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 55 mins
Wonderful recipe a friend gave me last year, which became an instant Thanksgiving tradition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1/8 cup stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 14 crisp oatmeal cookies, broken into pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3/8-3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Butter a baking dish, 13X9X2 inches.
- 3Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven until very soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Scoop flesh into a large bowl and mash with butter, sugar, juice, marmalade, gingerroot, and salt.
- 5Spread potato mixture evenly in baking dish.
- 6Mixture may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- 7Bring to room temperature before proceeding.
- 8------------Forthe topping-------------------.
- 9Food process cookies to fine consistency.
- 10Add butter and pulse motor until mixture resembles soft cookie dough.
- 11Wrap topping in wax paper and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- 12Topping may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- 13Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 14Crumble topping over potato mixture and bake in middle of oven until topping is browned lightly, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-flavored Sweet Potatoes with Oatmeal Cookie Topping
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 774.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g