Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vegetarian soups are always welcome in my cookbook. This one sounded different so I wanted to add it here for safe keeping. I originally found it in a British cookery magazine called "Vegetarian Christmas 2008"
- Gently melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Cover, then cook over a low heat for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer, partially covered. for 20 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Take off the heat, then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Whizz the soup in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pan, add the orange juice and mint, then gently reheat.
- Pour into warmed bowls and drizzle with a little cream if you like.
This was okay, My spouse, and daughter enjoyed it very much, but My son and I didn't . I thought there was too much orange flavor, taking some of the taste out of the carrot. Not much carrot flavor. I will probably make again, cutting the orange juice in half. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.