Vegetarian soups are always welcome in my cookbook. This one sounded different so I wanted to add it here for safe keeping. I originally found it in a British cookery magazine called "Vegetarian Christmas 2008"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently melt the butter in a pan.
- 2Add the carrots, onion and garlic.
- 3Cover, then cook over a low heat for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened.
- 4Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer, partially covered. for 20 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- 5Take off the heat, then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- 6Whizz the soup in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- 7Pour the soup back into the pan, add the orange juice and mint, then gently reheat.
- 8Pour into warmed bowls and drizzle with a little cream if you like.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange, Carrot & Mint Soup
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: