1/7 Photos of Onion and Herb Buttermilk Biscuits
Onion, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme flavor these biscuits making theme wonderful for the Holiday table. Also great for Thanksgiving because these biscuits can be made ahead and frozen up to a week ahead. When ready to serve, thaw, wrap in foil, and heat in a 325º oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°. Heat a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Spoon onion into a blender. Add buttermilk and process until smooth. Cool.
- 2Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flours and next 5 ingredients (flours through herbs) in a food processor with a metal blade; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add onion mixture; stir just until moist.
- 3Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface (dough will be sticky), and knead lightly 5 times with floured hands. Roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut into 10 biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- 4Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Herb Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 209.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g