Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
I got this from an article (and I can't remember where I read it). It was about a family who had family reunions every year and they put together their favourite recipes. This was one of them which was in their family for many years. After you taste it, you'll know why it's a favourite! If you want to add a cream cheese icing, do it when the cake has completely cooled. I have tried many recipes but haven't found one that I really like yet so I serve it plain and it still disappears quickly!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 13x10x2" baking pan.
- To squeeze the juice out of the carrots, I put them in a clean tea towel, roll it up and twist, twist, twist, until the juice comes out.
- Put all ingredients including the carrots in a big mixing bowl and mix it all up well.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan.
- DON'T INVERT!
- Cut pieces while still in pan but after it has cooled.