This is a unique potato salad with a great flavor.
Make and share this Nutty Sweet Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, , toasted
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Steam sweet potato chunks until tender, about 10 minutes; cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and five-spice powder.
- Pour over sweet potatoes and toss gently.
- Add walnuts and currants; toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.