Prep 19 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy salad to put together. Great way to showcase apples! Adapted from New York Apple Country.
- 3 crisp sweet apples (I like Gala or Fuji or Pink Lady or Honey Crisp)
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 heads boston lettuce (or 1 head Romaine lettuce or Bibb lettuce)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (or untoasted if preferred)
- Mix yogurt with marmalade and black pepper.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Cut apples into small cubes.
- Mix lettuce, apples, almonds, and yogurt/marmalade dressing.
- Serve immediately.
5 stars all the way! The different flavours of the sweet, crisp apple with the nutty almonds, fresh lettuce and tangy-sweet dressing are so good together! YUM!
I used apricot jam in place of marmalade and chopped almonds in place of sliced, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, Sharon!
Made and reviewed for the Lettuce Tag Game in the Spanish forum March 2012.
I added extra sliced almonds to mine and used Nectarine Marmalade I made last winter. Might try spinach in place of lettuce next time for extra color, and to help prevent wilting on the second day. A nice addition to our lunches this week, thank you! [Made for Best of 2011 Tag game}
I mixed the apple, orange marmalade and yogurt together then placed that mixture on spinach leaves from the farmer's market. The almonds were garnished on top. This is the recipe I use to make orange marmalade Easy Orange Marmalade and this time I added a small amount of vanilla extract and orange blossom water. Homemade marmalade gave the salad a freshness not possible with the store bought stuff. The black pepper was the finishing touch; Granny Smith apple. Delicious! Made for Veg Tag/September