2 hrs 20 mins
echo echo's Note:
It's the time of year to break out this spicy traditional dessert. Raisins are optional--for some reason, our family never included them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gradually stir the corn meal into the hot milk.
- 2Cook over low heat or in a double boiler over hot water about 15 minutes until thick, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- 3Blend together sugar through cinnamon and add to corn meal mixture.
- 4Stir in molasses and cold milk.
- 5Fold in raisins if using.
- 6Bake in a buttered 1-quart casserole at 275°F 2 hours.
- 7Serve warm topped with whipped cream, garnished with a dash of nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New England Indian Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 294.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g