1/3 Photos of Mystery Lady's Persimmon Pudding
1 hr 2 mins
Soup Fly *'s Note:
The name is pudding, but the texture is more like an extremely moist cake. This recipe IS the holiday season to me. My grandmother makes it every Thanksgiving and Christmas. She used to make it the hard way, but learned a trick in the grocery line one year. A lady had several spice cake mixes and Grandma asked what she was making - she said persimmon pudding. Grandma got the recipe and never looked back. :-) I can't tell you how many people I've had say "eww, persimmon pudding?" only to beg for another piece!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cake mix, eggs, oil and water together in large bowl.
- 2Eggs, oil and water quantities may vary with cake mix brand- be sure to double check yours.
- 3Add persimmon pulp to batter and mix well.
- 4Pour batter into a lightly greased 9"x13" cake pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean (this"cake" does not rise, don't worry).
- 6Allow to cool.
- 7Serve cold or at room temperature.
- 8Cool Whip or whipped cream is an excellent topping!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mystery Lady's Persimmon Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 310.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: