Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the recipe my mother gave me for her delicious sweet potato pie. Because it is a "Mama" recipe, the measures are approximate and vary based on your taste and the natural sweetness and moisture of the sweetpotatoes
- preheat oven to 350.
- dock thawed crust with a fork all over, bake for 10 minutes or until golden, set aside.
- Boil or bake potatoes until soft.
- peel potatoes while still warm and whip with a hand mixer to remove the strings.
- add butter, then mix.
- add sugar next.
- then add remaining ingredients
- taste for sweetness.
- and pour into crusts.
- bake for 20-30 minutes or until set.