I have a crazy Cajun neighbor here in TX and this is his recipe. Man is it ever good. You can use either shrimp or crawfish tails. I know crawfish may be hard to find in places so I posted it with shrimp! He uses more butter than I do- probably why his is better- BUT mine is lower in fat! Posted for World Tour 2005 Enjoy!
- In a large pot sauté yellow onion, green onion and bell pepper in butter until softened.
- Note: You can use any color pepper. I use half of a red and half of a yellow pepper to add color.
- Add soup and Rotel and stir to combine.
- Turn to simmer and stir occasionally. It can just hang out on the stove on low until you are ready or you can proceed with the next step.
- About 5 minutes before you are ready to eat add the shrimp and stir in to mix. If using crawfish add about 2 minutes before serving as they are already cooked.
- Serve with some plain white rice and some good crusty buttered bread and you have a meal- You could add a salad but then you couldn't eat as much of 'dis here!