1/1 Photo of Mr Gregg's Easy Étouffée
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
I have a crazy Cajun neighbor here in TX and this is his recipe. Man is it ever good. You can use either shrimp or crawfish tails. I know crawfish may be hard to find in places so I posted it with shrimp! He uses more butter than I do- probably why his is better- BUT mine is lower in fat! Posted for World Tour 2005 Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot sauté yellow onion, green onion and bell pepper in butter until softened.
- 2Note: You can use any color pepper. I use half of a red and half of a yellow pepper to add color.
- 3Add soup and Rotel and stir to combine.
- 4Turn to simmer and stir occasionally. It can just hang out on the stove on low until you are ready or you can proceed with the next step.
- 5About 5 minutes before you are ready to eat add the shrimp and stir in to mix. If using crawfish add about 2 minutes before serving as they are already cooked.
- 6Serve with some plain white rice and some good crusty buttered bread and you have a meal- You could add a salad but then you couldn't eat as much of 'dis here!
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mr Gregg's Easy Étouffée
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.5 mg
- Sodium 942.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup