I always make this salad for winter holiday gatherings. It comes from "Quick Cooking" magazine. The salad is beautiful and incredibly yummy! There is always way too much dressing so I usually double or triple the salad amount depending on the crowd.
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Toss salad ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- In a blender, process the dressing ingredients until smooth. (The color of the dressing is amazing!).
- Drizzle salad with dressing just before serving.